This example demonstrates how to assign different logic blocks to only display when on specific category or author pages.
How It Works:
- This example works the same way for category and author pages.
- Visitor Logic Pro grabs all the categories/authors that are set up in WordPress and populates them into the settings area.
- The owner selects which category/author page to show or hide the logic block on.
- When a visitor is on the category/author page, the block is shown or hidden depending on what settings are chosen.
- In this demonstration we set up 3 different calls to action to correspond to 3 different categories.
- VLP Settings:
- Under General, select “Use VLP Logic”
- Under Categories > Include in Categories: select the category page that the content should show on. In this case it is Category 1.
- Content Area:
- Added our call to action.
- The same setup is used for the 2 other blocks. The only change is the selected category and each call to action.
- We used the widget for this example.
There is a call to action at the top of the right sidebar for each category that will change depending on what category page you are on. See example below.
Use the drop down in the sidebar to the right and navigate through categories 1, 2, and 3. The top widget will change each time.